michael.knowmichael.know

I apply the principles of physics and mathematics to learn more about the universe.

I gather data on the characteristics of planets, moons, stars and other objects using telescopes and computer programs. I develop and test scientific theories, analyzing data and writing research proposals.

10 Fictional Technologies You Didn’t Know Existed

Drop file here to send
We've all seen futuristic movies and haven't we wished there was a hoverboard, laser gun, or lightsaber that we can use? You'll be surprised that some of these really do exist.

http://listverse.com/2018/08/21/10-fictional-technologies-you-didnt-know-existed/
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
michael.know
michael.know followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Many “sci-fi” technologies already exist in some form or are being developed. We’re not saying you’re a year away from beaming up to a starship for a quick cruise over to Mars for your semiweekly Djem So class. Nevertheless, you might recognize the following ten technologies.
10. A Real-Life Adamantium like Wolverine
9. Tricorders (Sort Of) like in Star Trek
8. Exoskeletons You may have seen them in video games and films, sometimes labeled “power suits” or “exosuits.”
7. Stealth Suits.
6. Real-Time Language Translation Devices
5. Cryonics
4. ‘Solid Light’ (Think Lightsabers)
3. Laser Weapons
2. Force Fields
1. Cybernetic Implants
1 y
Host
Admin
Which of these are you excited to check out for yourself? Can we really use these in our daily lives?
1 y
basira-poya
basira-poya followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Oh yeah! I use google translate all the time when I travel! It's such a life saver!!
1 y
Host
Admin
Really?! How come I have never heard of this before?! Real adamantium?! Does it work like the movies?
1 y
Host
Admin
Cryonics is available but it still hasn't made any significant advancement in how they're suppose to revive you so I don't think it should be on the list because technically, it doesn't work.
1 y
Host
Admin
They've been showing cryonics on tv and in the movies so I'm pretty sure those exist already. Those look pretty cool actually.
1 y
Host
Admin
I would love to see an actual force field. It would be interesting to know how they made it and where we can actually use it in real life.
1 y
Host
Admin
More technology that we thought we've only seen in movies here. https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/7-sci-fi-gadgets-brought-to-life/
1 y
Host
Admin
Wow, still don't know why you'd want to freeze a dead body. Will that still be you when they unfreeze it? I get weirder out thinking about it. lol.
1 y
Host
Admin
Real-time language translation device would be in my wish list in the next few years, when I am ready to travel the world. Right now, I'm still saving up. Hopefully, this gets cheaper in 5 years. It would make traveling to remote places so much easier.
1 y
Host
Admin
I'm a huge Star Wars fan so the 'solid light' seems really exciting. I can't wait to own one of those.
1 y
Host
Admin
If you prefer to listen to the article:
1 y
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Of course I would like to see cypher implants in real life. Transhumanism movement will safe us and our planet, I'm sure.
1 y
Host
Admin
I am huge fan of star wars
1 y
Host
Admin
Not like we can use these everyday. They're impractical.
1 y
Type your message...