bobby.cainbobby.cain

I like building and creating. It gives me that satisfaction.

Been working on homes for years with my dad. We specialize in restoring old homes.

16-24 year olds are the loneliest

Drop file here to send
55,000 people took part in the BBC’s Loneliness Experiment in collaboration with Wellcome Collection, making it the largest survey of its kind in the world. The survey reveals that 40% of 16 to 24-year-olds who took part told us they often or very often feel lonely, compared with 27% of over 75s. We saw higher levels of loneliness in young people across cultures, countries, and genders.
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
bobby.cain
bobby.cain followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Why do you think this is so?
10 mths
Uncledavid
Uncledavid followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Hey how are you
10 mths
Host
Admin
Hey
10 mths
Host
Admin
As someone who's spent most of his life alone without feeling lonely, I don't really understand this very well. For me, it's such a relief to get home, shut the door, disengage and know that there's nobody there but me. Don't get me wrong, I have friends and we have great fun spending time together when we want to - but only when we want to.
10 mths
Host
Admin
Hey this is davidmcmasters asked a girl on here to reach back with me
10 mths
Host
Admin
I am wary of the sudden interest in loneliness because it seems to be based on a very vague notion of this feeling without a commonly agreed definition. It does seem to be confused with being solitary,having a small social circle, or even being depressed. I believe it’s actually an internal emotion that’s independent of external circumstances and therefore different for everyone. Consequently facile and broad brush approaches to it will not be effective in all cases.
10 mths
Host
Admin
Hi everyone
10 mths
Host
Admin
Unsurprising. Perhaps this is because many people spend more time interacting on"social" media screens than they do with people in real life.
10 mths
Host
Admin
As a teenager, you are yet to discover who you are, so a sense of loneliness and isolation will be naturally associated with this time, it's just that social media may enhance the effect. Nothing really has changed.
10 mths
Host
Admin
A screen is not a friend. Online communities are no substitute for being with people.
10 mths
Host
Admin
It's confusing. Another report blames loneliness for the rise in elderly's alcohol & drug abuse. What's truth now?
10 mths
Host
Admin
A screen is not a friend. Online communities are no substitute for being with people.
I agree!!!
10 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
This is so sad, this group one would have thought should not be the loneliest ... ☹️
10 mths
Host
Admin
I suspect as much. Everything is too much effort for them. They all expect instant gratification.
10 mths
Host
Admin
90% of young people today have got no idea what to do they expect everything to be done for them they couldn't organise a piss up at a brewery!
10 mths
Type your message...