lyn.shortlyn.short

I'm often praised for my distinctive style and imagination, as well as my undeniable knack for versatility

One of the main motivations behind my chosen career path was to create something sustainable and fun for kids, while ensuring that they indirectly remain environmentally friendly. I always encourage my friends to avoid purchasing flimsy throwaways and to rather invest in something that’s good for the environment, that their kids will love for years. Having always been interested in design and graphics, I decided to pursue toy designing as I believe I am quite a free spirited and fun person, so this was just another way to remain young at heart while putting smiles on the faces of the kids around the world.

16 organising tips from Marie Kondo

Drop file here to send
By host - lyn.short
Skip the show everyone's talking about and get straight to the useful bits.
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
lyn.short
lyn.short followed this discussion
bishwajit-ghosh
bishwajit-ghosh followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Shopping is the number one culprit of clutterness. Minimize your possessions. Buy what you absolutely NEED. Invest in the future with the extra money. You would be surprised how liberating that is. Happiness comes from the small things in life not buying"stuff". Unfortunately, we are surrounded by advertisers and we live in a market society. Making it, thus, difficult to be a minimalist. If we try hard, we can achieve this, however.
7 mths
Host
Admin
How about only buying things that spark joy... Not just cause they're cheap beaming face with smiling eyes
Edited
7 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
No I do not like the concept of throwing out clothes that I paid for and can be of good use in the future. Then we have to go out and buy new clothes. People are constantly buying things, donating, and then buying again more stuff. Kondo would not have patience with me, but then again I would not pay her to organize my home.
7 mths
Host
Admin
Yes. I strongly agree American buying way too much stuff and tie too strongly their happiness with shopping and stuff.
Edited
7 mths
karl.howardclifton.cummingsnicholas.acton
karl.howard, clifton.cummings, nicholas.acton and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Admin
Hey, Americans! In Europe we use wardrobes! How am i supposed to fold like that when we do not use the same furniture???
7 mths
Host
Admin
I’ve already started and it’s amazing!
7 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Isn't Marie Kondo the cutest little thing?
7 mths
Host
Admin
It sounds like she’s saying a lot more than what’s subtitled at times? Especially the first part where she says “discard everything.” Anyone that knows Japanese know if I’m wrong or not?
7 mths
Host
Admin
My stress free way to purge clothes is every January I turn all the hangers backwards. When I wear things I put them back the right way. The next January I donate everything that is still backwards. No thinking, no thanking. It also helps me to vary what I wear more. I glance through the backwards hangers and try something new. After 4 years of this I have about 1/2 the amount of clothes, but I wear them all so it feels like a lot.
7 mths
Host
Admin
I'm doing the konmari method in my home and reading her books, one interesting change is how nice I suddenly am to others and I honestly think it's her spirit coming through the book and teaching me to be kind.
7 mths
Host
Admin
First you tell people to buy stuff then to tidy up. People don't want stuff anymore and keeping with jonses they want simple life and piece of mind. Americans stop buying stuff you don't need to impress your neighbors.
7 mths
More than 50 people have joined this discussion.
Type your message...