antonia-bowenantonia-bowen

I'm interested in Travel, exploration & adventure

2 kinds of stories we tell about ourselves

Drop file here to send
By host - antonia-bowen
We’ve all created our own personal histories, marked by highs and lows, that we share with the world — and we can shape them to live with more meaning and purpose.
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
antonia-bowen
antonia-bowen followed this discussion
shkr-sm
shkr-sm followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Such a great article. “Seeing yourself” as a benefactor makes you a more giving person.
7 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
These are all stories, interpretations in either way. Choose the one that gives power to yourself and others, knowing they are all stories of what happened.
7 mths
john-travishamza.saifnaveen.sahu
john-travis, hamza.saif, naveen.sahu and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Admin
Trying to contextualize the limited bit of memory you can conjure up into a narrative that just happens to lend legitimacy to the pursuit of one's desires is how to construct and live in Samsara. The course of action when one realizes they live inside such a fictional story should not be to edit it. Swapping one fiction for another is hardly a means to liberation of any kind. At best this only creates a more comfortable prison."Waking up to who you really are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be." - Alan Watts
7 mths
Host
Admin
Interesting take.... we can recreate an entire awesome world by asking questions and listening to one another’s stories ... instead of telling or rewriting others stores for them ❣️
7 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
You create your own success and destiny. Take a pen and rewrite your story! Just perfect.
7 mths
Host
Admin
My story is no one's business, so when I'm gone it won't matter.
7 mths
Host
Admin
‘We allowed another nation to rule us and rob us’ vs ‘We allowed another human to ostracize our entire creed’. Victim vs reality. We are not playing victim. We are speaking the truth and the facts.
7 mths
Host
Admin
It is true and it is the reason why I write a lot, you get your answer. Nothing can be resolve with 2 pages but writing often help you understand and grow.
7 mths
Host
Admin
It was helping me to motivate myself and to go on...still do it and I always will.
7 mths
Host
Admin
These are all stories, interpretations in either way. Choose the one that gives power to yourself and others, knowing they are all stories of what happened.
7 mths
More than 50 people have joined this discussion.
Host
Admin
Happiness is the only goal on earth that all people without exception are seeking to attain. Believers and unbelievers alike seek to be happy, but each party is using different methods.

7 mths
Host
Admin
Imagine how much richer the story if people asked questions, showed interest in others instead of telling their story.
7 mths
Type your message...