Explore
Expired · 4 Views
Helping people is my passion, along with holding public decision makers and people in power accountable.
I have been covering news in Ontario for more than a decade. Prior to becoming a full-time investigator, I started out as a county reporter, then covered the education beat for 10 years and spent about five years anchoring weekend morning and evening newscasts. I earned a nomination for uncovering corruption in the Police Department which ultimately ended with the police chief being stripped of his law enforcement license. Problems I highlighted during a flooding in a city prompted the city to put new barricade measures in place at low water crossings after a woman lost her life. My passion for storytelling took off during college internships at station in our small town. In my free time, I enjoy being outside with my dog hunting for cool cowboy boots and taking on DIY projects.
300 refugees transfer from Manus Island and Nauru
Drop file here to send
This discussion is set to be archived. That means the discussions lasts just a few days, while people can comment. After that no one can comment but the discussion can still be viewed
colin.hughes.1 followed this discussion
The new law requires two doctors to recommended a medical evacuation for an asylum seeker. And I see that the transfer of refugees who are in immediate need of medical attention is just right.
Are you in favor of this?
jennifer.collins followed this discussion
Remember the Tampa affair of 200. Howard was set to lose an election so he used spin to create fear around asylum seekers. Remember the scam about babies overboard. The LNP have trotted out this scare tactic every election since. Watch spin and misinformation start now.
Remember the Tampa affair of 200. Howard was set to lose an election so he used spin to create fear around asylum seekers. Remember the scam about babies overboard. The LNP have trotted out this scare tactic every election since. Watch spin and misinformation start now.
Except the spin and misinformation never stopped.
Reply to anna.harris
Except the spin and misinformation never stopped.
And the sheeple will believe them.
Funny, I knew that Howard was going to win in June that year, pirates taking over the Tampa just made it better.
Not spin if true. Even Labor is regretting decision.
You took the words right from my mouth. The Labor government didn't"drown" anyone!!!!!!!. It all started in Indonesia, not Australia. Well said.
This is not about fear I guess, most Australians don't want them there, it's been obvious the past year that Australians want a stop on refugees, immigration and asylum seekers until the country can deal with it and control what's happening there.
Labor learned so much from the Tampa affair they scrapped Howard’s policies and let 800 boats in, 50000 people and 1200 people died at sea! History repeats - the stupid never learn! It will all start again, then the Liberals get criticised for clearing up the mess!
So they were well aware of at least 300 people needing medical assistance and yet they did nothing... and fought this legislation tooth and nail. Shameful!!
10 more people followed this discussion
jitendra.mundhra, aleksandr-fomin, goku.mui and 7 others followed this discussion
abul hasnat.tanim, wyl-lhndwlh, chanwi.coeur and 7 others followed this discussion
@