paige.newtonpaige.newton

I'm interested in meaningful discussion

I am a nurse for 16 years. Married and had 3 wonderful children, 2 boys, and 1 girl. I already had a 4 months old grandson. He's adorable! My life is now complete and happy!

5 Basic Things That Decrease the Risk of Cheating

Drop file here to send
By host - paige.newton
When creating a family, everyone wants to be happy in their marriage. And one of the criteria for happiness is marital fidelity. Willard F. Harley, Jr., Ph.D., a clinical psychologist and marriage counselor conducted an experiment with more than 800 couples and found out that men and women have basic needs that should be satisfied in order to decrease the chances of infidelity.https://brightside.me/inspiration-relationships/scientists-defined-5-basic-things-that-decrease-the-risk-of-cheating-to-zero-525460/?utm_source=fb_brightside&utm_medium=fb_organic&utm_campaign=fb_gr_enjoy_science&fbclid=IwAR0H6umiH8KfwAHvrDy1CrrdxCQ7DfU7kFVTrSE3ppbqRW6UL-hdup51FAg
This discussion is set to be archived. That means the discussions lasts just a few days, while people can comment. After that no one can comment but the discussion can still be viewed
paige.newton
paige.newton followed this discussion
Host
Admin
There's no harm on trying these things, right? If you really want to have a good relationship with your spouse.
4 mths
Host
Admin
Do you think these 5 basic things can really decrease the risk of cheating in a relationship?
4 mths
ramesh.n g k
ramesh.n g k followed this discussion
Host
Admin
This is pretty accurate. Women will have huge issues with this article but forget that men find different body types attractive. Chill out and think outside the box. My husband finds my body to be amazing and I’m a size 16 not 6. He tells me everyday by showing his affection for every inch. All this article is stating is to communicate your needs and then apply them to YOUR marriage.
4 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
This is pretty accurate. Women will have huge issues with this article but forget that men find different body types attractive. Chill out and think outside the box. My husband finds my body to be amazing and I’m a size 16 not 6. He tells me everyday by showing his affection for every inch. All this article is stating is to communicate your needs and then apply them to YOUR marriage.
I agree, I could not be more attracted to my wife. She's built for comfort and that's the way I like it! grinning face
4 mths
khalel-millerbailey-legendpatriss.ignasio
khalel-miller, bailey-legend, patriss.ignasio and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Admin
So, lemme get this straight: according to this bit of clickbait, all"he" has to do is an act of basic consideration, while"she" has to invest hours per week working out? Seems a bit off-balance, right?
4 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
So, lemme get this straight: according to this bit of clickbait, all"he" has to do is an act of basic consideration, while"she" has to invest hours per week working out? Seems a bit off-balance, right?
What this article is talking about is our"inner desire". Men are wired different from women so basically, men have different needs from women.
4 mths
Host
Admin
What this article is talking about is our"inner desire". Men are wired different from women so basically, men have different needs from women.
Perhaps if he’s bringing in enough money, the wife can retire and spend her days working out and planting roses; I’d be down for that. winking face
4 mths
More than 50 people have joined this discussion.
Host
Admin
I like this article, I don't know precisely how true it is but the layout and pairing up of"needs" provides a good negotiating framework!
4 mths
Host
Admin
People who are saying this is crap, sexist etc. are the reasons relationships don't last. Yes everyone is different but all this article is pointing out is to love/care for each other, keep things clean, be a good father/wife, am I missing something? Why be in a relationship if you don't believe in these values.
Edited
4 mths
Host
Admin
People who are saying this is crap, sexist etc. are the reasons relationships don't last. Yes everyone is different but all this article is pointing out is to love/care for each other, keep things clean, be a good father/wife, am I missing something? Why be in a relationship if you don't believe in these values.
Then why doesn’t it just say “people have needs, you should find out what your partner needs are and try to meet them”? I’m a woman. My needs run more towards sex than romance. Flowers just don’t say love to me, physical touch does. This article says that my partner should buy me flowers because women need romance. Do you see the difference? If the man in my life bought me flowers I would not be attracted to him because he listened to a stereotype and really didn’t care about what I said I wanted. I would have asked him which he preferred and not assumed anything based on his penis.
4 mths
Host
Admin
Then why doesn’t it just say “people have needs, you should find out what your partner needs are and try to meet them”? I’m a woman. My needs run more towards sex than romance. Flowers just don’t say love to me, physical touch does. This article says that my partner should buy me flowers because women need romance. Do you see the difference? If the man in my life bought me flowers I would not be attracted to him because he listened to a stereotype and really didn’t care about what I said I wanted. I would have asked him which he preferred and not assumed anything based on his penis.
Like I said everyone is different, and as long as you don't read to much into it, I believe this article gives some pretty solid advice. Most women like to be courted/foreplay but that's cool that you're different, try not to read too much into it when the article says him/her section. I personally found some good advice from both perspectives.
4 mths
More than 100 people have joined this discussion.