cassie.waynecassie.wayne

I love kids and I love interacting with them

5 habits for responsible kids: Let them do chores

Drop file here to send
We all want to raise responsible children. And we all want to live in a world where others have been raised to be responsible, a world where adults don’t shrug off their responsibilities as citizens. So how do we raise our kids to take responsibility for their choices and their impact on the world?
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
cassie.wayne
cassie.wayne followed this discussion
holly-jacob
holly-jacob followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Good to start teaching them young that you have to earn your way in life...
10 mths
Host
Admin
My lil one loves to help me in washing cleaning sweeping floor..
10 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Admin
Be responsible and independent. In your life, time will come that the only person you can rely to is YOURSELF. Be your own hero.
10 mths
evan-smithhasan.abinicky.hh
evan-smith, hasan.abi, nicky.hh and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Admin
My son loves to help me doing house chores! He even put his plate at the sink after he ate
10 mths
Host
Admin
Kids are pretty good depending on the day. They have both had “jobs” since they were about 2yrs old. We talk about our family being a team and each persons jobs help keep the team going.
10 mths
james-bankswolf-danitayvonne-haas
james-banks, wolf-danita, yvonne-haas and 7 other people started following this discussion
keshav.adhikariphyo.paingsonam.rongpa
keshav.adhikari, phyo.paing, sonam.rongpa and 7 other people started following this discussion
john.ansahmarissa.bolalu.atode
john.ansah, marissa.bo, lalu.atode and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Admin
I think what helps is a bit of a mind-switch: we need to realize that we are raising families, not children. Your kids will not always be kids. One day they will be adults. And the kind of adults they will be depends upon how you raise them now. Focus on the future.
10 mths
Host
Admin
We call them jobs, and we have always talked about them as the things we have to do to keep the house running. They're essential things that have to get done before we do the fun things we want to do., Such as going for a bike ride or to the park etc. My 9 and 8 yr olds have their screen time on the weekends so will get up and power through their jobs as they know the quicker they do the essentials the sooner they get screen time. Most days now they're happy to do their jobs, but early days they had weekends where we never got to the fun stuff.
10 mths
Type your message...